"Mothers Day" tomorrow!
Tomorrow is my second Mothers Day without Mum, doesn't make it easy, but then I have had time to contemplate how she did things, and succeeded, bringing up 2 kids, basically without any financial and emotional support from our father. BUT, I guess what is incredible are her successes, she was one of 11 kids, when times were tough with my Dad , she just got on with it. She worked 2 jobs, travelled all over Australia and the World, - judging Dance (the planes weren't flash in those days - 'specially in the Outback) , she was awarded a British Empire Medal in the mid 70's, and apart from the World and British Championships her pupils won over the years, they danced at the Sydney Opera House in her name, she also supplied and trained over 100 dancers for the first British Military Tattoo in the 1960's in Australia -( I was one of those dancers). She received her last award when she was 81 in Las Vegas - again for her Contribution to Dance. She was a clever and creative little duck as all who knew her realised. I do miss her, and that's okay!.


Mum with the "Dorothy Kerr Highland Dancers" - They travelled the world performing Mum's choreography!

An amazing lady! lots of love sarah x
ReplyDelete