Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunday's feast

We relaxed and did very little on Friday and Saturday, with the exception of watching a rather sad rugby match where the Kiwis annihilated Oz. Sunday we went to Gail and Steve's for lunch. A lovely day, there were 11 of us, as Petrina (Gail and Steve's eldest daughter) flew up from Sydney for the weekend. Steve really excelled with his barbequed racks of lamb, along with Petrina's delicious berry sauce, he also made a rather nice lemon meringue pie -we really did eat very very well - it was a super few hours.

Alex was delighted as he had just got his Driver's Licence on Friday - Sue and Ash now have their own driver!! Maddie still has to sit for hers.

Petrina continues with her aversion to blue cheese (which Gail served on Sunday as one of her entrees), I tried to introduce Petrina to it at the White Horse Inn in Berrima when she was 14, she always reminds me of this fact!!! Apparently I did the same to my eldest God daughter Jo, (now based in London) when she was 14 too - why I felt it was necessary to subject these young ones to "blue cheese" I really don't know!!. In fact I think I took Jo to her first Mexican restaurant 25 years ago as well, that was an eye opener for her then - currently she travels all over the world with her job - her diet is quite varied now - not sure about the blue cheese though!!!. We are off to have lunch with Jo's parents (Ailsa and Rod) this coming Friday.

The cousins (L to R) - Lachie, Petrina, Maddie and Alex

It was great to catch up with Petrina again, and hear about her different travels, last one was to Jordan, Oman and Syria. Next she is going back to India (Madras) for the 3rd time to a friend's traditional wedding - should be really interesting. She is a top photographer, has entered some National Geographic Photography competitions. We caught up with her again on Monday over at Runaway Bay, before she flew back to Sydney in an appalling storm!.

No comments:

Post a Comment