As mentioned in the blog below, the news gets worse, now many other Cities are in dire straits - Warwick where we were 5 weeks ago is split in half and roads are closed, Ipswich - 1/3 of the city to go under water, Gatton, Dalby,Gympie, Condamine and so many others, then of course there is the upper part of NSW. I have just also heard that Cairns 1200 kms north of us is also bracing itself - a real freak of nature.
Below is a site where there is an amateur video taken by some people in Toowoomba yesterday - goes for about 5 minutes, breaks up every now and then, but worth watching as it shows the "fury" in the water flow.
On this same page there is another video from Channel 7 news "Devastating floods wash away towns" with some information.
*****
*****
Obviously, apart from the fact I have a lot of time on my hands during this situation, I am also putting this together for all our overseas family and friends. As my kiwi flat buddy, Col, said today, keep it up so we get more information, and try to understand the depth of it all.
*****
Then tonight I get a phone call from the other special Kiwi Col and Den, whose older brother and sister in law are across here on holidays - and yes, they have just evacuated from Brisbane.
*****
Then I get a phone call from cousin Sue tonight, who stayed with us on Sunday night, drove to Casino Monday morning (supposedly for 2 nights to stay with friends), but after one night and loads of warnings she took off and drove back to Sydney a day early - so she is safe and sound.
*****
Not sure what will happen next - really so difficult for everyone, THOSE THAT NEED, AND THOSE THAT WANT TO GIVE, instantly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment