Thursday, May 5, 2011
Incredible Tour
Our Group Tour started a few days ago in Rome, incredible mix of people, Canadians, Americans and a pile from Queensland. Everyone gets along really well, and our guide, an attractive Brit who has lived in Italy for about 20 years is a real hot ticket, and to make things even better, the weather has been great. Oh, and our driver, Carlo is very calm on these dramatic suicidal roads.
I am writing this in Lake Maggiore, we arrived yesterday. We spent a pile of time at the Vatican etc. the day before Pope John Paul,s Beatification - very busy but really great, Rome is quite something. Then onto Tuscany, Florence, San Gim, Sienna etc. This was followed by time at Cinque Terre and a couple of boat rides along this stunning coast, and now we are in the Lake District, tomorrow the Dolomites for a couple of days, then onto Venice. Sooh many photos, but they will have to wait till we get home. Must away, we are off to Stresa today, also Frank and I are catching a ferry to Santa Caterina and having lunch on Isola Pescatore - hopefully will get a couple of postcards off as well,
Ciao
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait to see some photos and hear all about it! I love Rome - and Ian and I had a great time in Florence, Siena and San Gim (in fact that was where I told him it was our last holiday unless the next one one was the honeymoom!)
ReplyDelete