It's the first day of Autumn, and our first trip to the beach for awhile - lovely early morning walk, before a "scorcher" of a day - 35 degrees plus, however only 50% humidity and the sun is shining, so who can complain?
A couple of director's chairs set up early - no directors in sight though!.
Hardly anyone on the beach yet
I took the 2 photos above into the early morning sun - hence their shadowy figures.*****
The Oscars - just thrilled that the King's Speech won Best Film, Original Screenplay, Actor and Director.
*****
We were delighted to hear the Best Director - Tom Hooper, dedicate his Oscar to his Aussie Mum - Meredith (below), an accomplished author.

The story goes - Meredith, was invited in late 2007 as part of a make up token Australian audience to a fringe-theatre reading of an unproduced play called "The King's Speech." The play was about an Australian Therapist and an English King. She came home, rang me up, and said "I think I found your next film"!


Tom says, "I happen to be half English, half Australian, living in London - and bringing a little Ozzie exhuberance to the English drawing room was bred into me by my Mum".

Tom Hooper honored his mother (above) and finished his Oscar winning speech with "so the moral of the story is, listen to your mother". (I always love a good Mum story).
A truly magic film.

sssssss super film!! Just desserts winning the oscars!! MY Dad had tea with the old king when he was about 13 years old on a bombed out site in the east end of London, provided by the mobile NAAFI unit!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a treat for Arthur, what great memories, have he and Wyn seen the movie?
ReplyDelete